Saturday, August 10, 2013

Whole 30 - Where can you find out more?

So a few people have been asking me where they can get some more information on the Whole 30 program, especially since I posted a link to this blog on Facebook. I intend for this page to get you a decent start on where and what to look for. Also just a note, if you are interested in anything on this page, I have links in the pictures, so click the pic and it will take you to Amazon.com where you can check out reviews, buy the book, and get more details.


Click for the website
First things first let me guide you to where it all started for me. Dallas and Melissa Hartwig are the creators of the Whole 30 program, and the Whole 9. I wont describe what it all is here, but you can find the website here and do some browsing for yourself. Tons and tons of info can be found on the website, enough really to give you a great start on your Whole 30. There is also an awesome forum where you can ask any questions you may have, as well as find support, how-to's and anything else related to the Whole 30. You can find the forums here: Whole 30 Forums


Click for more info
The next thing I recommend is picking up Dallas and Melissa's book "It Starts With Food" This book will run you through everything you need to know about the Whole 30. What foods are approved, how to construct a good meal, the science of eating healthy, why grains are bad for you, you name it, it's in this book. The cool thing is the book is a good read too, not some boring scientific manual that you have to prop your eyelids open to read. I have read it 4 or 5 times now! Check out the reviews on Amazon if you want more proof that it truly is an awesome book. Plus its $14 ($10 for Kindle) that will literally change your life....what do you have to lose?

Click for more info
The next book is a cook book written by a very talented chef named Melissa Joulwan. If "It Starts with Food" is the vehicle, Well Fed is the fuel that drives it. It has TONS of awesome recipes in it that are all Whole 30 approved (well all but 1) and are pretty fast and easy to make. Tons of good pictures help out as well, and again another great read. I just keep this book on my kitchen counter because I use it so much. Melissa also keeps a blog that I visit from time to time that has tons of valuable paleo information on it as well. You can find it here: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com While the name doesn't particularly appeal to the male reader, trust me, check it out guys it's a great site.

If you are at all like me you will want more info on what the Whole 30 is, as well as what a Paleo diet is as well. There are tons of books out there and many different forms of the Paleo style diet. Below are a few more that I have found are worth checking out. I don't particularly like reading the 'sciency" stuff all that much, so I tend to go with the books that are to the point but enjoyable to read.

In no particular order here are some of my favorites: (Click any book to go to Amazon.com to get more info)



                                                                                      

                                                                                    

There is so much information out there that I could not list them all on here for you to look at. Hopefully what I have here can get you a good head start and you can find out what you need to know. Of course if you have any questions PLEASE PLEASE leave a comment or shoot me an email and I will do what I can to help you out. I know I keep saying it, but any support you can give, or even if you need some yourself is a great help to anyone on this life changing journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment