Sunday, March 30, 2014

Reader Feature: Jason Holland

A good friend of mine and a reader of the Whole360 said it was OK that I shared is story. It took me a while to get it posted, but I want to share with you all that Paleo isn't just something I do, and it happens to work.

Going forward I'd like to share some other success stories on the Whole360, not just mine. If you have a story and would like to share it, please send it to me and we can spread the wealth! Send your story to whole360info@gmail.com!!

Without further delay, in his own words, here is the Paleo story of Jason Holland.

 
Kris,

Thanks for the help with getting started and the continued support with my Paleo plan.  With my psoriatic arthritis and other autoimmune issues, I knew it was the right move but I was just too lazy to see the benefits.  Once my new doctor told me to get on Paleo, it pushed me over the edge to give you a call and iron out the details.  At this point I wouldn’t have it any other way. Weight Watchers had helped me lose 50 pounds over an 18 month period but I never looked the way I wanted. Paleo has really leaned me out, eliminated the fluctuations in weight and bloating due to processed foods and allowed me to put on muscle faster. In the 12 weeks I’ve been eating via the rules of Paleo, I’ve lost 10 pounds and likely added 5 or more pounds of muscle along that same time. This is the first time in my life I’ve been able to see my abs to such a degree and while I’ve not seen any change with my symptoms of psoriatic arthritis, the psoriasis that’s been effecting my skin is significantly better over the last few weeks.  Also my heart burn and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) have totally disappeared!

In the photo on the left you can see what I looked like at 260 pounds before starting Weight Watchers. The middle photo is at 207 pounds right before starting Paleo.  And the photo on the right is at 197 pounds at 11% body fat after 12 weeks of Paleo, not sure what my body fat was before Paleo.  It may not be totally apparent in the second two photos, but I have significantly more muscle as well as much less fat.

Thanks again for all the help!

Jason Holland
Mead, Colorado
 
Beast mode? I think so!
 
I just wanted to add to this as well, Jason is a well muscled guy, because he works out. A lot. He and I are constantly talking about Paleo and CrossFit. If your goal is not to be a well muscled machine, that is OK! Just because you eat a Paleo diet does not mean you are going to turn in to the Incredible Holland, err I mean Hulk. So people not looking to bulk up, no worries, that takes a lot of dedication and hard work besides eating a healthy diet.

Enough with that, I would like to say though, Jason sir you look great, and you have made some awesome changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment