Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 232 - Monday March 10th

Info: A few days ago I was sharing that I was running out of everything, well today I made a trip to help with a large resupply! 80lbs of chicken, 12lbs of ground beef, 12lbs of pork tenderloin, 6lbs of sugar free salami, 2 gallon jars of olives, 1 gallon of Franks Red Hot, 1 gallon of salsa, and a few bags of cabbage and lettuce later I can say the foundation is solid again! The best part about it all (Remember the "Is it expensive to eat healthy" article?) was the price. I got all of that for $265! For some that sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but lets just consider the meat for calculation purposes... I got 100lbs of meat, divide that by $265 and that's an average price of $2.41 a pound and that's not even including all the other stuff I got! (Just found the receipt, average price of the meats was $2.14 a lb) Moral of the story is if you shop in bulk, and look for sales, eating healthy can be pretty inexpensive.


Great savings in bulk!


This is nice too!




Food Log:



Hamburger salad goodness!
Breakfast: Last piece of Holland Pie with a dab of OOM.


Lunch: Dolmas made with cauliflower rice.


Dinner:  Hamburger salad with kalamata olives, OOM, and mustard, with a side of cauliflower rice dolmas.


Snack: none



Exercise Log:  none
 

DAY 232 COMPLETE

No comments:

Post a Comment