Friday, July 25, 2014

Day N1 - Thursday July 24th

Info: So begins the Next360 - Follow along as I focus on fitness and activity while maintaining a good clean diet. Here's to some drastic changes over the next year!

I am also going to be monitoring my meals a little closer so I can make calculated adjustments if I need to. So you will see a cumulative report of Calories, carbs etc following the food logs.



 
Day 1 of the Next360: 24% BF, 193.4 lbs
 
Food Log:

Breakfast: Steak, mushrooms and onions sauteed in coconut oil

Lunch: I ate breakfast really late so I was not hungry for lunch.

Dinner: Steak, mushrooms and onions sauteed in coconut oil with a cup of broccoli added in.

Snack:  1 cup of leftover broccoli and 1oz of Almonds

Daily Totals: 1166 Calories, 60g Fat, 42g Carbohydrates, 9g Fiber, 16g Sugar, 117g Protein
 
Exercise: 

The Hammer

Details:
25 x 16lb sledge hammer swings on my giant tractor tire. 1 rep = 2 swings (1 right handed, 1 left handed)
Time is 15 minutes to complete as many reps as possible.

My goal was to get my 25 swings in unbroken and then rest for a minute between sets. This should get me through at least 5 sets with a 1 minute rest in between.

Results: I made it through 4 sets complete with about 15 seconds to spare. The rests were more like 2 minutes in between towards the 3rd and 4th sets. Made it through the sets unbroken on my swings but by the 2nd set I was starting to gas and really slow down. By the 3rd and 4th sets I was a turtle. Then on the 3rd or 4th swing in the 4th set I ripped my palm open which slowed be down some more. Good starting workout though, I will repeat as well as use it as a finishing workout later on.


It's a small injury but man does it hurt!

DAY N1 COMPLETE

No comments:

Post a Comment